Examples of Rich Media content:
- Ad including a streaming video
- Banners expanding when a viewer hovers over
- Flash elements included in the static adds
- HTML5 animations
- applets allowing e.g. share the content using social media
You can easily proof such content and review not only text, but also animations and objects interactions. Rich media capabilities are designed to be able to support any set of web content that can be rendered properly within a supported browser's iframe.
- Rich Media content should include the main file i.e index.html, index.htm
- If the main file is not placed in the root location the tool will automatically go to the folder to find the main file
- The main file does not need to be named index.html/index.htm, however in this case you will want to make sure that there is only one .html/.htm file placed in the main location
- Maximum bundle size is 500 MB
- In case of the ZIP files created in iOS the tool will automatically identify the right folder, where the content is placed.
Please note: The Rich Media support is not available on all the plans. Please do contact our Support team at email@example.com or your ProofHQ Account Manager if you have any questions.
The Rich Media projects are the only supported .zip. archives and the standard .zip files submissions will fail.
- embedded videos
- user interactions
- scripts and widgets
To create an interactive web proof:
- Enter your URL on the New proof page
- Choose Interactive from the Advanced options
- Submit the URL
- Only URLs over the secured HTTPS can be submitted as interactive web proofs
- At this time multiple URLs cannot be combined for interactive proofing
- As we do disaply the interactive proofs in iFrame inside the ProofHQ Viewer we support only sites which allow displaying their content in iFrame. For example the pages with the following headers will not be processed into proofs ok:
- X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN/DENY
- X-Content-Security-Policy and content-security-policy headers
- Inside the ProofHQ Viewer you can navigate to the subpages, but at this time we do not support subgages which are targeted to the separate tab/window
Please note: Text annotations are currently not available on the Rich Media and Interactive web proofs
The extension is available for the following browsers:
The extension installation can be triggered from the ProofHQ Viewer directly after clicking the Add Comment button (browser restart may be required) via the alert screen.
- When Rich Media content is being viewed, it is not possible to use the Navigation tools (i.e. Zoom, Rotation, Measurement tool, Pan, "Fit to" tools) and this is due to the Rich Content characteristics. However, all of these functions will be available in the Add Comment mode when the content is captured as a static image.
- For the proofs from the external resources (URLs)*
- Users should be wary of version management whenever the actual creative content is changed on the server.
- It is not possible to review the live Rich Media content for older versions unless each version is placed under a different URL. In case of the same URLs the live content displayed in the ProofHQ Viewer will update for the older proof versions as well. However, the users may still be able to track the changes by comparing the screen captures taking along with the comments.
- ProofHQ Viewer connects over the secure HTTPs. If your external resources load over HTTP the browsers will detect this as Mixed Content and as such this can be blocked (depending on the viewer's browser settings). For proofing HTTP Rich Media content please make sure that Mixed Content is allowed in your browser.