You can create the proofs from your web pages by simply pasting the URLs on the New proof page. In addition, you can simulate various devices by defining screen resolution of the captures.
To create a web capture proof:
- Open the New proof page
- Paste or type your URL in the web capture (1) field
- Click show advanced options link to expand the additional features:
- Select resolution (2) of your choice (the default is 1366x768)*
- Look for subpages (3) if you want to proof the linked pages as well
- Submit your URL using the green > icon to save the capture settings
- Populate the rest of the New proof form as usual
*Choose smaller resolution if you want to proof designs for mobile devices as generally the designs load as per screen/browser window resolution.
Note: You can enter multiple URLs (space delimited) in the web capture field, but the advanced options are available only if a single link is entered.
Note: The crawler tool adds only the links that are in the same domain/subdomain as the entered URL.
In this view you can:
- choose the particular pages by selecting the checkboxes
- look for the further pages (2)
- submit (3) your the whole list of connected pages
Note: With the Combine proofs feature you can submit all the web pages as a single multi-page proof.
Our web capture tool connects from the 184.108.40.206 (webcapture.int.proofhq.com) location. You can create the proofs from the pages that require authorisation once the above IP is whitelisted at your end. Your IT team should be able to assist with this.
- We do capture static screenshots of the pages - no animations, embedded videos, scripts or interactions will be available on such proofs. If you'd like to proof your interactive content you will want to choose the Interactive* option before submitting your URL
- The proof pages are generally prepared ca. 20 seconds per page. However overall preparation time depends also on the servers where the pages are hosted. The tool waits 60 seconds for each submitted URL to load. If this waiting time is exceeded the proof will fail
- For the combined proofs, if any of the URLs is not responding to the capture tool, the whole proof will fail
- The tool captures web pages up to 195 inches long after rasterizing , so if the web page is longer - the proof will fail
- Text extraction is available on all the text elements - text placed as images will not be extracted
- Text hyperlinks are clickable on the proofs, and the linked pages will be opening in the new browser tabs
- Hyperlinks on the images will not be clickable if the style="display:block" elements are used inside the <a> tags. We would recommend adjusting these parts of the page design.
- For the best results we do recommend to create the pages using the best coding practices and the acknowledged standards.
*Interactive web proofing functionality is available on the Premium plans only. For the detailed description of this feature go to our Rich Media article.